Islam Tafish, MDNeurology
Procedures he performs include angiograms, embolization, stenting, mechanical thrombectomy, spinal cord procedures involving vessels and arteries, and treatment of aneurysm by stent, balloon or coil. Dr. Tafish is also performing new cutting edge procedures with patients who are suffering from severe chronic headaches, called pseudotumor cerebri – whereby benign increased intracranial pressure is treated with venous sinus stenting.
Dr. Tafish is board certified in Neurology and Vascular Neurology. He received his medical degree from MBBch Almansoura University School of Medicine in Almansoura, Egypt. He completed a fellowship in Vascular Neurology at the University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey in Newark, NJ and a fellowship in Interventional Neurology at Oklahoma University Health Science Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Accepts most insurance. Contact your insurance provider for coverage information
Aneurysms of Brain and Lungs
Embolization of Aneurysms
- Neurology - Primary - Board Certified
- Vascular Neurology - Board Certified
- Gender: Male
- Fellowship: University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey
- Fellowship: Oklahoma University Health Science Center
- Residency: Oklahoma University Health Science Center
- Graduate Degree: Medical School - MBBch Almansoura University School of Medicine
- HCA Houston Healthcare West
- HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake