Ultrasound Technologist RVT (PRN)
Corpus Christi Medical Center - Corpus Christi, Texas
Job Code: 08298-9083
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women’s Health Center
- The sonographer (ultrasound technologist) performs direct patient care within the scope of the technologist.
- Performs the primary function of acquiring images of anatomy with ultrasound equipment of all assigned patients, infancy through life span in the inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Responsible for meeting the established policies/standards of practice for this facility.
- Identifies problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patients - plans and carries out individualized imaging and related patient care.
- Daily use of analytical and decision-making skills.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement.
- Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers.
- Promotes a supportive, teamwork-oriented environment.
- Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values.
- Graduate of an accredited sonography program.
- Current ARDMS (AB) (RVT) required.
- Basic Healthcare Provider (BLS) Certification required
- Previous ultrasound experience preferred.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/02/2018