Job Code: 06218-100237
Nights (rotating weekends)
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland-Texas City, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehabilitation Unit
Founded in 1952, HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit
- Occupational Health and Wellness
- Senior Mental Health
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehabilitation Unit.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients and attends weekly staffing as assigned.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Rehabilitation Nursing and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment on the unit. Ensures patient/guardian signs Privacy Act upon admission.
- Maintains competency in performing all skills outlined in the Rehabilitation Nursing Competency Skills list.
- Participated in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care. Will participate in peer review and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for direction of emergent care in crisis situation in a calm, knowledgeable manner.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging unit, as appropriate.
- Responsible for administration of medication administration, knowledgeable of actions, indications, adverse drug reactions, and route of drug administered.
- Maintains clear and respectful communication with patients, family, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Assist physician with special procedure.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA Code of Conduct as part of our Ethics and Compliance program.
- Attends annual training sessions.
- One year prior clinical experience required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current BLS certification required.
- ACLS preferred.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 02/01/2019
Apply for this job