MRI Technician (PRN)
Corpus Christi Medical Center - Corpus Christi, Texas
Job Code: 08298-9188
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women’s Health Center
- Knowledgeable in MRI screening and safety, biomedical implants (e.g. pacemakers, clips, ferrous foreign bodies, prior diagnostic or surgical procedures, placement of conductors, (e.g. ECG leads, coils, cables), cryogen safety, emergency procedures (e.g. quench, fire), climate control (temperature, humidity) gauss lines, magnetic shielding, RF shielding, and biological considerations (RF field, specific absorption rate (SAR), biological effects, FDA guidelines).
- Demonstrates competency in date acquisition and processing.
- Demonstrates appropriate equipment disinfection between patients.
- Demonstrates proper procedure for contrast injection.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient assessment, monitoring and management, vital signs, physical signs and symptoms, sedated patients, and claustrophobic patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency response, reactions to contrast, and cardiac/respiratory arrest.
- Demonstrates competency for pulse sequences, spin echo, conventional spin echo, fast spin echo (FSE) STIR, FLAIR, Gradient recall echo (GRE), echo planar imaging (EPI).
- Demonstrates competency in data manipulation, k-space mapping and filling, fourier transformation 3-D post processing, maximum intensity projection (MIP), cardiac analysis.
- Demonstrates competency in diffusion, perfusion, spectroscopy, and MRI imaging.
- Demonstrates use of universal precautions and other precautions as appropriate.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiological Technology and/or completed and passed an approved course in MRI technology.
- ARRT(R)(MRI) registry is preferred
- Two years Radiological Technology experience is required in this field
Last Edited: 10/16/2018