Manager (RN) - Emergency Room
HCA Houston West - Houston, Texas
Job Code: 00417-100949
HCA Houston Healthcare West - Houston, Texas
Manager (RN) – Emergency Room (ER)
HCA Healthcare Houston West has been offering exceptional care to the West Houston community for 30 years. With more than 1,200 members on our care team and 400 of the region's most talented doctors, we are able to provide nationally-recognized quality care.
Our hospital provides a wide range of services, several of which are nationally accredited or affiliated:
- Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery
- Breast Center
- Cancer Treatment
- Cardiovascular Center
- Diabetes Management
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Emergency Medicine
- Senior Care
- Sleep Disorder Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Healing
- Functions as Nurse Manager on all shifts when delegated as such
- Models a culture of outstanding customer service for employees, patients, families, and physicians. Displays positive customer service behaviors
- Responsible and accountable for nursing care rendered to patients and families within the Emergency Department based upon the nursing process - assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care is in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating and integrating interdepartmental and intradepartmental services.
- Communicates with CNO, administrator on site (AOS), Nurse Director, Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Managers regarding patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences
- Recommends and assists in the selection of a sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care and treatment.
- Maintains the Performance Improvement activities of the department as appropriate.
- Responsible for orienting, in-service training, and continuing education for all staff within the Emergency Department.
- Determines and ensures the competence of all staff members is assessed, maintained, demonstrated, and improved on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains and coordinated evaluations of staff in timely manner
- Maintains good departmental relationships and effectively communicates with patients, families, physicians and c-workers with appropriate referrals to the department director as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate time and attendance through the payroll system.
- Maintains accuracy of EMTALA Log and ED Dashboard
- Coordinates and ensures daily staffing ratios appropriate for the provision of care with the departmental standard.
- Supports the provision of patient care through supply management and Point of Use Compliance.
- Maintains and improves own professional knowledge.
- Must meet the position requirements for the Assistant Nurse Manger in the Emergency Department.
- Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement program in adult ED and the Pedi ED all related nursing audits for QA program, including eMar reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Minimum of three years clinical experience in ER or critical care nursing
- Leadership and management experience preferred
- BLS through the American Heart Association required
- Computer skills preferred.
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts,
along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
Come make a difference - Apply Online Now!
Last Edited: 03/17/2019