Director (RN) - Acute Inpatient Nursing
HCA Houston Mainland - Texas City, Texas
Job Code: 06218-102078
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland - Texas City, TX
Director (RN) - Acute Inpatient Nursing
Founded in 1952, HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland is part of the HCA Gulf Coast Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Occupational Health and Wellness
- Senior Mental Health
The Director of Acute Inpatient Nursing ensures high quality, patient-centered care through oversight of the overall function and staffing of the acute care nursing units in addition to forecasting, planning, and budget monitoring. The Director of Acute Inpatient Nursing fosters a culture of accountability and collaboration and supports the development and implementation of strategies, policies, and procedures in support of facility
- Cultivates a superior clinical identity by identifying and implementing evidence-based practices to advance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensures adherence to standards of care.
- Manages variation in clinical practice to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost. Ensures a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- Stays abreast of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations and actively pursues efforts to achieve.
- Stays abreast of legal and regulatory standards and ensures compliance. Develops and implements policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with all legal/regulatory standards.
- Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Ensures efficient patient throughput and delivery of high quality, patient-centered care through volume forecasting, patient flow coordination, and admission/discharge planning.
- Develops care coordination policies and procedures to promote improved quality, safety, and efficiency in care. Fosters interdisciplinary communication and collaboration within and across departments and ensures staff with appropriate clinical competencies are assigned to meet patient care needs.
- Directs nursing practice and unit operations. Develops policies, procedures, and nursing standards to ensure patient and family needs are assessed, met, and evaluated.
- Provides leadership in attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience. Instills accountability for providing consistent, positive patient interactions that differentiate the organization as a healthcare leader.
- Leverages various feedback mechanisms to benchmark performance and identify opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction. Develops and implements strategies to elevate the patient experience.
- Provides leadership to execute a strategic roadmap designed to enhance patient experience and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and patient experience leaders to ensure compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance patient experience and customer service.
- Fosters a culture that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization. Ensures employees are recognized, valued, and supported. Develops and implements strategies to elevate employee engagement.
- Identifies development opportunities or training needs of individual employees and teams. Provides coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance.
- Builds a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent. Ensures people with the right skills and motivations are in the right role, at the right time, to meet business needs.
- Collaborates with administrative team and physicians to enhance existing services or develop new service offerings.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion or development of new services and product lines to promote growth. Identifies stakeholder engagement strategies, technology advances, and other opportunities to drive differentiation and increase volume.
- Participates in the annual budget process, including input into department revenue and expense forecasts, staffing, and supply and equipment needs. Monitors department budget performance; identifies trends and evaluates variances in relation to established budget. Develops and implements actions to address performance gaps.
- Ensures effective labor management, including position control, scheduling excellence, productivity management, and premium pay utilization. Maintains staffing to ensure appropriate patient care
*No 3rd party solicitation allowed. All firms must go through HealthTrust Workforce Solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) required
- Master’s Degree in nursing, healthcare or business administration required or within 12 months of hire
- Three (3) years hospital experience preferred
- Three (3) years clinical leadership experience preferred
- Current RN license through the State of Texas required
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association required
Last Edited: 03/27/2019