March 07, 2018
HCA Healthcare’s Gulf Coast Division and Solis Mammography, a specialized provider of mammography and screenings services, will open two new mammography centers at HCA-affiliated hospitals Clear Lake Regional Medical Center (CLRMC) and Mainland Medical Center (MMC) on March 15, 2018.
With more than 32 years in breast screening, Solis Mammography is a specialized health care provider focused on delivering patients an exceptional experience and exceptionally accurate results in mammography and screening services.
“Solis Mammography and HCA Healthcare’s Gulf Coast Division share a common goal to provide high-quality, patient-focused care to women in the greater Houston area,” said Troy Villarreal, HCA Healthcare’s Gulf Coast Division president. “Together we will bring a heightened breast health focus to the communities we serve, as well as the peace of mind that comes from having an exceptional experience.”
The Solis Mammography center at CLRMC will offer a full range of services in an environment designed to promote patient relaxation and peace of mind.
- Breast screening and diagnostic 3D mammography
- Computer-aided detection
- Breast ultrasound
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Bone density scanning
The Solis Mammography center at MMC will upgrade to 3D mammography in late May, and will provide bone density scanning in the existing Breast Care Center, managed and operated by Solis.
Convenient Houston breast health screening and diagnostic services
The joint venture agreement makes breast health screening and diagnostic services more accessible and convenient across the greater Houston region.
The collaboration will result in more than 20 local centers by the end of 2018. The partnership kicked off with three existing centers in Northwest Houston, Katy and Sugar Land, and the opening of the new Solis Mammography center at The Woman’s Hospital of Texas in October 2017. The two southeast Houston area centers are the eighth and ninth locations.
“We know that 3D mammography increases early detection by 54% and decreases recall rates by 34%,” said Dr. Stephen Rose, Solis’ chief medical officer. “Our commitment to clinical excellence is designed to protect, improve, and treat the breast health of Houston women.” Dr. Rose, considered to be one of the leading experts in 3 D mammography, is also the founder and president of Rose Imaging Specialist, the nation’s largest group of breast imaging specialists, which is based in Houston.
These new mammography centers will provide Houston-area women greater access to upgraded technology, researched-based clinical protocols, convenient locations, and an enhanced center experience, including:
- Seamless continuum of care through HCA Healthcare’s Gulf Coast facilities, if treatment is needed beyond screening and diagnostic imaging
- Exceptional clinical accuracy that comes from a dedicated focus on breast specialization (a practice shown to dramatically increase the accuracy of a mammogram)
- The most advanced technology available, including 3D mammography, scheduling software, and data management
- Welcoming breast imaging centers with patient-centered decor, music, artwork and aesthetics;
- Improved patient conveniences, like ease of access, free and optional valet parking, tablet registration, complimentary Wi-Fi, the ability to book appointments through real-time, 24/7 access to online scheduling (SolisMammo.com), and quick turnaround time in the center – typically less than 30 to 40 minutes. The centers also offer fast, exceptionally accurate results by email within 24-48 hours of the visit.
“Solis Mammography began in Texas over 30 years ago, and we’re excited to expand our partnership with HCA Healthcare’s Gulf Coast Division to the Houston area. Our mission is to provide an exceptional experience with exceptionally accurate results,” said James Polfreman, CEO and president of Solis Mammography. “Through this quality-focused, patient-centric collaboration, we’ll bring unparalleled, breast-dedicated care to local communities across the greater Houston area.”